1 cup of Honey (= miele)
a generous quarter of a teaspoon of powered Ginger (= zenzero)
a little bit of ground cloves (chiodi di garofano)
a little bit of Cinnamon (= cannella)
a little bit of ground liquorice (=liquorizia)
1 and three quarters of a cup of dry bread crumbs (=pan grattato)
1 tablespoon of anise seeds (=semi di anice)
- heat the honey
- add spices and stir (= mescola) to blend.
- add bread crumbs and mix thoroughly (= completamente)
- cover and cook over a medium heat for 15 minutes till the mixture is thick and moist (=umida)
- place Gingerbread on a large sheet of waxed paper (=carta per alimenti)
- fold up sides (=piega i lati)of paper and shape it (= dai la forma di )as a rectangle.
- sprinkle anise seeds on top and press them gently into dough (=impasti) with the side of the knife.
- cover and refrigerate for 2 hours
- serve ginger bread at room temperature in thin slices (=fettine).